Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Featured Friend Friday: Mark Zoccali


Meet Mark.

I met Mark about 5 years ago and had no idea that we would become such great friends, but I am so glad that we did.

Out of all of my friends, Mark is probably one who I have the most random stories with. And with random stories come laughs, so it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, we laugh a lot.

Mark and I are both broke. I hope he doesn't mind that I just publicly told the world about his bank account status. But anyway, because we are broke, the thing we do most is get coffee. And when I say coffee, I actually mean chai with a shot of espresso for Mark. Coffee shop outings are always full of avoiding people we know but don't want to talk to (Is that mean? well, if that's mean, I don't want to be nice), listening to the latest from the contestants on the Voice or Xfactor, talking about Gandhi and the vision for peace he had that India just can't seem to reach, accidentally stealing other people's coffees and drinking them, and of course, what most people do at coffee, just plain talking about life.



Speaking of life, it has been crazy awesome watching Mark's life unfold over the years and I am so proud of all that he has accomplished and so excited to watch him continue to change lives for years to come. A few years ago, Mark found himself in an orphanage in Guatemala on a mission's trip team and honestly since then, I am not sure if he has been in Guatemala or the US more. There are few people I know that find their passion and aggressively pursue it. Many people  have dreams, but only talk about them. Mark does them. It is a treat to have a front row seat to watch what God is doing in his life and He is doing great things.

In May, Mark is graduating and planning on moving to the orphanage in Guatemala for an extended period of time. He is raising all of his financial support, so if you're interested in helping him out, let me know. To read more about his stories and what's going on in his life, you should check out his blog: http://marktomarcos.blogspot.com/.

I am so thankful for the friendship that I have with Mark and think it is such a privilege to have the opportunity to support and encourage him in the work that he is doing. Thanks for loving orphans and the world the way you do, Mark. You're a world changer and I am so lucky to call you friend.

My friends are better than yours. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment