Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Heart's Desires

It's ackward starting a blog. The first blog is the first impression- it ultimately determines if people will come back to read your blog, or even continue reading the first post at all. It's ackward because who am I that you should read what I write. I'm not an award winning author and I don't have a plethora of inspirtational quotes stored up to share. Instead, I spell things wrong and use grammar incorrectly, more often than not. I'm not sure if you will ever get anything out of what is written or why you should even read the next few lines. I don't know those answers. All I can tell you is why this blog exists.

It exists simply because I lost sleep over it last night. For someone who has never really desired to write a blog, losing sleep over the idea of one seems pretty ridicioulous. Trust me, I felt ridicioulous. I hate sharing my feelings and would much rather always be on the listening end in a conversation so the intent of this blog is not to tell you my day play-by-play, although sometimes that may sneak in. It's to address a few desires of my heart: 1- Writing. I like to write, even if I'm not good at it. I love to read what people write, especially if they are good at it. There's just something about writing and how each word is intentional and serves a purpose that is so profound, at least to me. 2- I have an undying love for the people of this world who are forgotten, lonely, and in need. So many ideas come in and out of my head on how to be a remedy, even if only for a second, to these people that often times the idea is never thought twice. I want to think twice about those things so forgive me if this is ever a place where all I am doing is sorting out my thoughts on these matters. To me, that is a really important "doing". 3- There are several organizations that I believe in with my whole heart. Financially, I can't always offer monetary gifts to these organizations, but I try to stay updated with what they are doing and give what I can, when I can. As I mentioned before, I believe in these organizations and will probably as times use this blog as an opportuitunity to share what the organization does and ways that you can get involved.

So that's why this blog exists. Even if no one ever reads what it written, I'll be content because I'm addressing some of my heart's desires. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment