Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Featured Friend Friday: BA


 

 
 
Meet BA (Brette-Ashley).
 
BA is one of my oldest (as in years known) and dearest friends. She knew me way back in middle school when I was the dorky little girl on the soccer team with the bleached black collared shirt, big framed glasses, and braces. And now years and years later, she still lets this dorky grown girl call her friend.
 
 
I am so lucky to have been able to grow up and do life with this girl by my side. There are few people who I am as comfortable with as BA. I love that when we get together, no matter how much time has lapsed in between, it is like no time has passed at all. We can always pick up where we left off. And I love how when we get together, it doesn't matter what we do- from ripping out carpet to taking naps as we fall asleep to our latest TV season binge- I leave feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
 
 
When I think back on our friendship, it is impossible not to laugh at all our memories. Placing second in the talent show in high school, even though none of us knew how to play our instruments. Winning soccer sectionals in the snow. Wearing tap shoes to Family Video. Making confession videos. Choreographing dances. Rapping raps. And so, so many more.
 

Most of our memories are very silly and I am so thankful to have a friend to be silly with, but who I can also talk "real life" with. One of my favorite ways to pass time in an afternoon to sit across a room talking to this lady.
 
 
In the last few years, BA has picked up photography and is doing some great work. And I can say from experience (hahaha) that she is a pleasure to work with. You can check out her stuff at: http://www.bretteashley.com/ || Sidenote: Love the new site look and music!
 
 
I read a quote the other day that said:
 
"We click. There aren't many people that you just 'click' with,
and when you find those people, you don't just let them go."
 
Since I've known, BA, we've always clicked. And the friendship we have is one of my very most favorite. I feel so blessed to have lived life with her for so many years and privileged to know that there will be many, many more years because well, I'm just not letting her go. I love you, BA and I am so thankful to call you friend.
 
And for your viewing pleasure, here is some silly.....
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment