Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Rwanda: I wanna dance with my Father

This Friday, I leave for the most beautiful place I have ever been and when I actually grasp the reality of that I have to stop and catch my breath. I'm going back to Rwanda and it feels like a part of me is finally going home after being away for too long. I am going with an organization called All God's Children International and we will be working predominately with a few different orphanages.

I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't say it enough. My heart is so expectant and excited for what this trip is going to entail. I recently read a blog and it talked about how our society is so great at being "over" and "under" people, but so often we fail at just being alongside one another. On this trip, what I am looking forward to most, is being alongside the people at Rwanda. To love on them. To listen to them. To honor them. To learn from them. To just be with them.

When I had the opportunity to go in 2008, the moment I remember most is when we were teaching English in the high schools. Since the high schoolers were very into music, we decided to use worship songs to teach them English. We played the songs, passed out the lyrics, and went over the vocabulary. After all the questions were answered, we then played the songs again and sang them together. And I've yet to hear anything more beautiful. To hear these beautiful boys and girls singing with their broken English and Rwandan accents, adding drum beats and harmonies, and with all the emotion in the world about the God of every nation was breathtaking. Our differences didn't matter in that moment because the only thing that mattered was the fact that we had the same Father.

My sole hope for this trip is that my team and I can be vessels of the greatest Love there's ever been. That we can speak life into brokenness and be the instruments that Jesus uses to bring people into a deeper revelation of just how much He loves them. That He would be our guide and we would be unafraid following His lead...After all, He orchestrates the most beautiful dances.

I wanna dance with my Father. Bring on the ballroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment