Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Rwanda: 8/3/2012

It's impossible to find the words adequate enough to describe my time in Rwanda. In fact, I've already written 4 different introductions, just to delete them all because they didn't capture what I wanted them to capture and the reality is, they won't. My words will never measure up when it comes to describing the people I met. There aren't words sweet enough.


But to not even try would be a shame, so I have decided for the next few Write-It-Wednesdays that I am going to write about my days spent there. Consider this your all access pass, because most of the posts are going to come straight from my journal- which I did not write in nearly enough.

August 3rd, 2012-

I can't believe that I just finished my first flight of three to Rwanda. I can't believe that I get to go back. My heart is literally bursting with excitement and overwhelmed by the faithfulness of God and how He has provided my every need of my journey to get here. I'm an emotional mess. I cried watching a teenage boy say goodbye to his mom before boarding. I cried when the sun started to rise over the clouds during the flight. And I cried when I read the sweetest letter sent with me by my sweet buddy. Love has already been stamped over this entire trip. I have been filled with it and I can't wait to pour it all out. I am so thankful. I'm sitting in the Washington D.C. airport and I've already been changed by the experience. I've already had to stop and catch my breath over the fact that I am actually getting to do this and I've already had to pause more than once to offer up praise and worship to the King of Kings because I have been overwhelmed by His presence. I am so expectant for the trip and so ready to be used in whatever capacity God asks me to be. Ask me, I am listening.

And that was just on the plane...I can't wait to share with you the days that I was actually in Rwanda and how my heart was spoken to while there. As I read back on this first day, one thing that sticks out to me is that I was so expectant and I had, whether I knew it at the time or not, preconceived expectations of how I thought the experience was going to be. While all my expectations were of a great trip, none of them were met. They were exceeded. Sometimes I forget that God's plans are higher than mine. This trip was a tangible example. I'll say it again....I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment